His Reluctant Princess: The Royal Guard Book is part 2 of the Indian Royal Bodyguard romance book series by Kyra Seth. It is a steamy, angsty romantic suspense book in continuation to the characters built in the previous book. The plot is predictive where the girl (Tasha) thinks the boy(DV) doesn’t love her and is under family pressure to marry. So she breaks her engagement. And later realises that well he likes her madly too.
Along with romance, the plot also explores the areas of suspense. It all begins with Tasha ( full name Natasha) being threatened through creepy messages when she is supposed to be safe at a retreat. The story then loves DV (Digvijay) staying in the retreat with her and unfolding the suspense. There are a lot of things happening like a criminal movie, with crime scenes, police interrogations, witnesses, suicides, murders, and much more. The author has done a fabulous job of creating an interesting bodyguard cum detective kind of role along with the world of royal romances.
If you prefer reading short romantic, suspense books, this one is perfect for an afternoon read. The book has all the needed characterisation to be read as a standalone book too. In case you would like to skip part one, you can read my review here.
All About The Royal Guard (2-book series) by Kyra Seth (Author)
1. His Accidental Princess: A Passionate Indian Royal Bodyguard Romance (The Royal Guard Book 1)
An accidental princess and a cranky bodyguard…
All that Sona Singh has ever wanted was a family of her own. Abandoned as a baby, and raised in an orphanage, she wants roots. All she has is a grumpy cat. All that Maj. Samar Deshmukh has ever wanted was redemption. A chance to break free of the memories that still hold him prisoner. He gets to babysit an accidental princess and her man-eating cat. Sona believes that her life can’t get worse than it already is. And then, she discovers that she is the long-lost princess of Nagaur, which would be a good thing, if not for the fact that someone is trying to kill her.
In this incomprehensible world of snooty royals and their stuffy protocol, Samar is Sona’s only link to reality. And safety. But when she falls head over heels in lust with the surly ex-commando, she realizes that a threat to her life might be the least of her problems.
Can Sona ever find happiness with a man who refuses to love her for fear of losing her?
His Accidental Princess is an exciting, passionate and funny royal bodyguard romance about love and redemption.
Also Read: A Price to Love By Smita Das: Book Review
2. His Reluctant Princess: A steamy, angsty romantic suspense (The Royal Guard Book 2)
She refuses to marry a man who doesn’t love her.
A princess in retreat, Her Highness Natasha Raje breaks her unwanted betrothal to Maharajah Digvijay Singh aka DV, turns her back on the world of old money and even older grudges, and escapes to Paradiso, a commune in Goa. He knows she’s nothing but trouble, and yet he can’t get her out of his mind. DV is thrilled Tasha broke off their betrothal. He doesn’t want to marry her any more than she wants to marry him…and yet, he misses her. Badly enough to end up spying on her at her precious commune.
When his disastrous stint at spying coincides with someone playing a malicious prank on Tasha, DV moves in, bag and baggage, to play hero. Her Highness may not be marrying him but he’ll be dammed if he doesn’t still keep her safe!
Can their explosive attraction win over the baggage of their shared past? Can Tasha trust DV with her fragile heart? And can DV keep her safe from her stalker long enough to convince her to give him a second chance?
- LANGUAGE: English
- PRINT LENGTH : 196 pages
- BOOK FORMAT: Only in Kindle format- Buy link*
- BOOK PRICE: Rs 99 only
- Book series link – The Royal Gaurd Book series by Kyra Seth
Also Read: Flawed in Disgrace by Shilpa Suraj
Aspects of the book worth appreciating
- The concept of the story is so predictable and resembles more like movies.
- The insides of a royal world is described nicely by the author focusing on their emotions.
- The language of the book is lucid, easy to understand and hence a fast-paced read.
- All of the characters in the book are well-crafted and good personality build-up is presented.
- The banter between the lead pair is witty, the romance is steamy and the story is predictable yet interesting to read.
- I feel when there is a predictable storyline, a lot of things could be explained a little less. The lead pair has so much chemistry in one moment and in another, they are struggling with their emotions. It is actually confusing and unnecessary suspense is built up at times.
- The characters in the first book were very strong, they are hardly used in this book. Instead of fighting their emotions Tasha and DV could talk/discuss with Samar and Sona to understand their feelings for each other better.
- I have read both parts and found that in both parts, the endings are not very strong. The first three-quarters of the book is built up of emotions and romance, but the ending feels forced or quick.
- The suspense mystery isn’t very surprising, it was actually clear when it was near to end. The logic was pressed and definitely could have been much better.
Overall Thoughts on the Book:
Overall it’s an above-average romantic suspense story. It has good insights into a royal family, their family dynamics and strong emotions. This book, His Reluctant Princess: A steamy, angsty romantic suspense (The Royal Guard Book 2) by Kyra Seth with just under 200 pages can be a decent afternoon read. Do read it and let me know your thoughts.
P.S. It’s available only on Kindle!
Rating 3/5 Stars
You can read the detailed review of His Accidental Princess: The Royal Guard Book by Kyra Seth here
“This book review for “ His Reluctant Princess: The Royal Guard Book 2” is powered by Blogchatter Book Review Program“
This blog is a part of Blogchatter’s Half Marathon 2023, you can read all my posts here.
* This post contained affiliate links, please read the complete disclosure policy for details.