With a movie-like concept, His Accidental Princess: The Royal Guard Book is part 1 of the passionate Indian Royal bodyguard romance book series. It is a perfect read for a relaxed weekend evening. The writing is witty, its fast-paced, and very enticing.
The story begins when Major Samar Deshmukh, the CEO of The Royal Guards is on assignment at an event for the ‘Princess Rati of Nagaur’ when he comes face-to-face with a feisty Sona Singh. An intense and strong feeling of passion surfaces between the two, when he is given an assignment to be Sona’s bodyguard. Sona, who was an orphan, somehow has the same face as Princess Rati and is confirmed to be her grandmother. Her life is under threat due to her past life and future ‘may be’ princess life. Both the main characters Samar and Sona have a lot going on in their minds, making it hard for them to confess their feelings to each other. The plot is very obvious and predictable but the author has done a good job of keeping the narrative witty, fast-paced, and enticing.
Also Read: A Price to Love By Smita Das: Book Review
The Book- His Accidental Princess: The Royal Guard Book by Kyra Seth
His Accidental Princess: A Passionate Indian Royal Bodyguard Romance (The Royal Guard Book 1)
It’s a fun passionate steamy romance novel about an accidental princess and a cranky bodyguard.
All that Sona Singh has ever wanted was a family of her own. Abandoned as a baby, and raised in an orphanage, she wants roots. All she has is a grumpy cat. All that Maj. Samar Deshmukh has ever wanted was redemption. A chance to break free of the memories that still hold him prisoner. He gets to babysit an accidental princess and her man-eating cat. Sona believes that her life can’t get worse than it already is. And then, she discovers that she is the long-lost princess of Nagaur, which would be a good thing, if not for the fact that someone is trying to kill her.
In this incomprehensible world of snooty royals and their stuffy protocol, Samar is Sona’s only link to reality. And safety. But when she falls head over heels in lust with the surly ex-commando, she realizes that a threat to her life might be the least of her problems.
Can Sona ever find happiness with a man who refuses to love her for fear of losing her?
His Accidental Princess is an exciting, passionate and funny royal bodyguard romance about love and redemption.
- LANGUAGE: English
- PRINT LENGTH : Book 1- 207 pages,
- BOOK FORMAT: Only in Kindle format. Buy link *
- BOOK PRICE: Rs 99 only
- Book series link *- His Accidental Princess: The Royal Guard Book by Kyra Seth
Also Read: Flawed in Disgrace by Shilpa Suraj
Aspects of the book worth appreciating
- The concept of the story resembles an old Bollywood movie story yet is kept interesting for readers.
- The language of the book is lucid, easy to understand and hence a fast-paced read
- All of the characters in the book are well-crafted and good personality build-up is presented.
- The Bollywood style of saving the distressed princess from gun firing, window crashing and situations are kept engaged enough.
- The romance between the lead pair is fun, steamy, and predictable yet interesting to read.
- I feel with the predictable storyline the ‘dilemmas and thoughts’ of Sona could be explained a little less. It is actually repetitive and too unnecessary at times.
- While the first three-quarters of the book is more about the dilemmas and building up of romance, the ending felt too quickly forced. Sona’s sudden change of heart and acceptance of the new family felt too forced. Instead, something organic could have been better.
Overall Thoughts on the Book:
Overall it’s a good romantic story of finding self, falling in love, family dynamics and accepting a complete change in your life. With just 200 pages (some can be skimmed though) His Accidental Princess: A Passionate Indian Royal Bodyguard Romance (The Royal Guard Book 1) by Kyra Seth is a good read. If you are between books and looking for a short and fast-paced, witty book do give it a read.
It’s available only on Kindle!
Rating 3.5/5 Stars
This blog is a part of Blogchatter’s Half Marathon 2023, you can read all my posts here.
* This post contained affiliate links, please read the complete disclosure policy for details.