A Price To Love by Smita Das Jain is the author’s third book and the latest release. The story has three important characters – Mehul, Rishabh and Sameep, along with the lead Sonia Ajmera. Sonia is a career-focused girl who is overflowing with emotions and exploring her relationships like love, marriage, and career as time passes.
She graduated from the esteemed IIM- Ahembadad and joined the leading media company. She meets the other 3 characters during her personal and professional growth and it brings to her struggles, desires, and realisations that’s how the story unfolds, going back and forth in time.
A Price to Love By Smita Das: Book Blurb
Do a stellar academic background, a well-paying job with ample recognition, and a loving life partner imply happiness? Sonia is an ambitious woman working in the country’s most prominent media company. Sameep, her husband, has loved her ever since their IIM-Ahmedabad days. Her direct report, Mehul, idolises her, and her boss, Rishabh, acknowledges her intellectual prowess. But Sonia’s past interferes with the present, making her life—and the lives of those around her— lack balance. Time flies fast but leaves shadows behind.
A Price to Love is a contemporary tale showcasing the struggles of making a thriving personal life and a successful career tango in the highly competitive corporate arena… especially if you are a woman.
A Price to Love By Smita Das
READING AGE: 14 years and above
PRINT LENGTH : 248 pages
BOOK FORMAT: It is available on Amazon as paperback and ebook in Kindle Unlimited
PUBLISHER: Readomania (29 September 2022)
A romping romance with desires and addled emotions excellently brewed by Smita Das Jain.
– Sutapa Basu, Award-winning, bestselling author.
A Price to Love By Smita Das: Book Review
‘A price to love’ is a compassionate story of Sonia’s personal and professional life, a career-focused woman eager to work hard and move up the corporate ladder. Some positives of the book are
- The narrative is strong moving forward and backwards in time sharing more on the depth of the character’s emotions.
- Though the female protagonist Sonia is the lead with so many overflowing emotions, it’s the other 3 men, who came at various stages in her life and brought out the feelings in her. All this makes their characters interesting and you are glued to the book.
- A little bit of grey shades to Sonia’s character every now and then, keeps you guessing and makes the story gripping.
- After every important milestone of her life, Sonia writes a page in her diary which always end up with something her mother would have ended up saying on the matter. those letters are really interesting and add depth to the character.
Overall a typical, all-happy ending with a little grey, with a hint of romance masala with too many corporate work-life projects( which I think could be trimmed off a little), kind of a story. Definitely worth a read over a lazy weekend.
Rating 4/5 Stars
You can get your copy here on amazon or read it on Kindle Unlimited for free
“This book review for “A Price to Love” a book by Smita Das is powered by Blogchatter Book Review Program“