Try this Whole wheat Veg Pizza Recipe with step by step process and photos. Today, i am sharing our all time favorite best veg pizza recipe made from scratch. It is one of my best tried and tested recipe of a veg pizza you might have ever made at home. And if you follow it correctly, you will be able to make great pizzas at home. With this recipe of homemade veg pizza you will definately win hearts of your family and friends.
There was a time when I used to make pizzas at home, with the readily available pizza base from the market. But after trying my hand in baking during lockdown last year, I couldn’t stop myself from baking pizza base at home too. And they turn out far better than the market ones- soft, yummy and healthier. In this post, I am sharing a step by step veg pizza recipe. Everything here is made from scratch (except for cheese). Yes, the pizza base, Pizza sauce everything is homemade with love.
Treat this Whole wheat Veg Pizza Recipe as the basic version of a vegetarian pizza You may build upon your personal favourite as per your choice of toppings and spice levels.
How to make a whole wheat Veg Pizza from scratch at home
I have tried to make it a healthier pizza and hence used Wheat flour instead of maida (all-purpose flour). This way it is the pizza base is a little dense. You may choose to use maida or a combination of maida and wheat flour too. To understand the process, I am dividing the entire recipe into 3 main parts, making the pizza base, the pizza sauce, and assembling the entire pizza.
Veg Pizza Recipe step 1 – making the pizza base at home
INGREDIENTS to make soft and spongy pizza base bread at home.
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Dry active yeast – 1 tsp
- whole wheat flour- 2 cup
- salt- 1 pinch
- Oil- 1/2 cup
The Recipe to Make the pizza base dough
- Mix 1 tsp of sugar with 1 tsp of active dry yeast with warm water and keep it aside for 10 minutes till the solution turns frothy.
- Take 1 cup flour, salt, and oil n a bowl and mix them well
- Add the frothy solution to the flour mixture and mix with a spoon. it will be a sticky mixture.
- Add another cup of flour and kneed well while stretching motion. once it starts sticking, make one big ball.
- rub a little oil and cover it. leave it to rest for 2-2.5 hours till it doubles in volume.
- meanwhile, prepare the pizza sauce.
- Once the dough has risen, knock it down and kneed for 2 more minutes. It is then ready for assembling the pizza (Step 3)
Veg Pizza Recipe step 2 – Making pizza sauce at Home
INGREDIENTS to make pizza sauce at home, just like store-bought.
- Tomatoes 3-4 medium ones
- onion – 2 medium ones
- garlic- 10-12 cloves
- Oregano- 2 tsp
- Chilli Flakes 1-2 tsp
- mixed herbs- 1 tsp
- basil- 1 tsp
- salt- 1 tsp
- Olive Oil- 2 tsp
- tomato ketchup- 3-4 tsp (Optional)
THE RECIPE for Pizza Sauce
- Chop the garlic, tomatoes and onions finely
- Take 2 spoons of olive oil in a wok. Roast chopped garlic till cooked.
- Add 2 medium chopped onions cook.
- Add 3-4 medium tomatoes, add salt, cover and cook till soft.
- Once the water from the tomatoes is gone, add all the herbs, including basil, oregano and chilli flakes.
- simmer and cook for 1 more minute and turn off the gas. Leave it to cool down.
Veg Pizza Recipe step 3 – Assembling the veg pizza
INGREDIENTS to make pizza home, just like store-bought with your favourite toppings
- Pizza Base bread dough– refer to step 1 above to make at home
- Pizza sauce– refer to step 2 above for an easy homemade recipe
- cheese – Morzella 1/2 cup
- Vegetable toppings– Onion, Capsicum, Tomatoes, corn, olives etc
- Optional topics– Paneer (cottage cheese), Red chilli, basil leaves etc
- Olive oil for greasing the pan
- Cornmeal or maize flour (the yellow one- used to make Makki ki roti) for dusting
THE RECIPE to make a veg pizza at home with a healthy whole wheat flour twist.
- Start by preheating your microwave oven to 200 degrees.
- To prepare a pan for baking pizza, grease it with oil and will dust with some maize flour later
- Take a big ball of the Pizza base dough and roll it and put it in the pan, tuck the sides of the dough with fingers.
- Generously apply the pizza sauce and place all the vegetable topping over it.
- Spread one handful of cheese on top.
- brush some oil on the sides of the pizza if you like it crisp.
- bake it at 200 degrees for 12-15 minutes until the sides turn golden.
- Turn off the oven and leave it inside for 2 minutes. Then bring it out, cut and serve immediately.
Hope you like this Whole wheat Veg Pizza Recipe with step by step process. Would love to know if you try it out. Do comment or tag me in stories. Follow us for many such ideas on Instagram @tuggu.n.mommy and Facebook @tuggunmommy
THIS POST IS A PART OF #BLOGCHATTERHALF MARATHON
COPYRIGHT NOTICE – © GUNJAN GUPTA UPADHYAY. THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OR DUPLICATION OF THIS MATERIAL WITHOUT EXPRESS AND WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ANY EXCERPTS OR LINKS TO BE USED, PROVIDED FULL AND CLEAR CREDIT IS PROVIDED WITH PROPER LINKS TO GUNJAN GUPTA UPADHYAY OR TUGGUNMOMMY.COM. THIS IS TO BE DONE WITH THE RIGHT AND SPECIFIC DIRECTION TO THE ORIGINAL CONTENT.