Any form of printmaking or block printing is fun for kids from all age groups. Especially when the tools are everyday objects and not the ones meant painting. It is always a big hit whenever we try to block printing with innovative objects. The important part is that it is one such activity that requires the least prep-up time. Just take papers, some colours and any stamping objects.
What is Block Printing?
Block printing is a technique used for printing text, images or any patterns. It is also popularly known as woodblock printing as in earlier times the block design was engraved on a wooden piece which was later stamped on fabric. The process was used widely throughout East Asia, as a method of printing on textiles and later on paper. Later the art form picked up when instead of traditional blocks, people tried block printing with innovative objects.
Block printing with innovative everyday objects
To enjoy a fun craft with Block printing one would need some interesting stamping tools.
Don’t have any stamps, don’t worry. One doesn’t need any expensive item to get started. Any simple object can be made into a fun Block printing too. Today I’m sharing some innovative stuff we had tried for block printing or printmaking that you probably haven’t noticed. I am sure you might like these ideas for block printing with innovative objects which are already lying in your house.
Block printing tools from the Toy section
1. Toy cars or trucks wheels makes the perfect tracks on paper and a guaranteed pass for unlimited fun.
2. Dice font just roll, they make learning math fun with colours
3. Legos, Blocks or tiles are not just for buildings, they make amazing block printing tool too.
Block printing tools inspired by nature
1. Twigs and flowers not only beautify the environment, but they also add magic to our papers too
2. Vegetables like ladyfinger and potatoes are always kids favourite on plate or paper when it comes to printmaking.
Check these fun ideas to decorated Easter eggs with potatoes and Q tips here.
Creative Block printing tool inspired by household items
1. Bottle caps make those perfect snowman for Christmas arts.
2. Nails and nuts counts add that ease to makes those perfectly cute round flowers.
3. Decoration done with Q tips
4. Forks make those perfect lilies you may like on your wall
5. Painting with a piece of wood wrapped in our humble piece of yarn
There are unlimited possibilities of what block printing may offer. Block printing is enjoyed by both kids and adults as it can be as easy as you want or as complex you like. Also unlike other art forms, there is so much to keep it interesting especially if you have kids of different age group at the same table.
Do let me know if you have tried any of these or if there any tool you like and think should be a part of this list.
” THIS POST IS WRITTEN AS A PART OF BLOGCHATTERS A 2 Z CHALLENGE FOR THE LETTER B”
COPYRIGHT NOTICE –
© GUNJAN GUPTA UPADHYAY. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR DUPLICATION OF THIS MATERIAL WITHOUT EXPRESS AND WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ANY EXCERPTS OR LINKS TO BE USED, PROVIDED FULL AND CLEAR CREDIT IS PROVIDED WITH PROPER LINKS TO GUNJAN GUPTA UPADHYAY OR TUGGUNMOMMY.COM. THIS IS TO BE DONE WITH THE RIGHT AND SPECIFIC DIRECTION TO THE ORIGINAL CONTENT.