Do you wonder why a messy play like finger painting so fascinating for kids? Or what are the benefits of finger painting for a toddler? Or how this form of painting with fingers so important for a child’s development?
Well, there are so many incredible benefits of finger painting for kids- preschoolers, toddlers or even babies. The benefits are plenty starting in from the sensory development. Keep reading the post to know more about the importance of finger painting and an easy process to make a homemade finger paint recipe. And above all, some fun activity ideas to keep your child entertained in summer vacations.
why encourage FINGER PAINTING?
My son loves all kind of painting and when it comes to finger painting he absolutely loves it. He always finds reasons to finger paint and create a colourful mess. Considering his soft and sensitive skin, I was looking for some easy homemade finger paint recipe that doesn’t stain his fingers.
This easy and wonderful finger painting recipe doesn’t stain kid’s fingers. It also has a perfect consistency finger paint for a kid to play and explore.
PRO TIP – If you want kids to enjoy and experience a good time painting, do try beautiful and vivid colours.
BENEFITS OF FINGER PAINTING:
- Like any other form of painting, it is a great tactile experience for kids.
- Painting with fingers stimulates the senses of a child. Right from Touching and feeling to smell, sight and even taste at times.
- It also encourages cognitive development at a young age.
- Painting with fingers also strengthens the hand and finger movements which help with improving their fine motor skills.
- It also helps in developing a child’s intellect and observations skills. Creating new colours by mixing/overlapping colours or observing light and dark colours based on the stokes.
- The painting also allows them to be creative and use their imagination to create.
- It is also emotionally soothing at times and most importantly, it is ABSOLUTELY FUN!
How to have fun- crazy Finger painting Ideas
If your kids love messy finger painting, here are some fun finger painting ideas for babies, toddlers or preschoolers. Try and enjoy them.
Nature-inspired finger painting ideas
- Twigs, leaves and flowers not just beautify the environment, but they add magic to our papers as well.
- Vegetables like ladyfinger, potatoes are my kids favourite on plate or paper when it comes to painting.
- Try adding texture to finger paintings with innovative toys and tools, read some ideas of Block printing here.
- Also, check these fun ideas to decorate Easter eggs with potatoes and Q tips here.
Kids safe Finger painting tools
- Add in some sponges, or sponge stamps, finger paint brushes or rollers.
- Try Q tips, toys, feathers, dinosaurs, plastic forks and anything else that you have a home. Check some ideas here.
Less messy finger painting ideas
If you want to try something less messy for kids try fingerprint art.
HOMEMADE FINGER PAINT RECIPE:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 cup hot water
- 2 tsp salt
- Kid-safe Food colouring
Wondering how to make easy finger paint at home. Try this easy peasy recipe.
- Mix 2 cup of flour and 2 tsp salt.
- Add the cold water and continue beating to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually keep adding hot water and boil until it is smooth.
- Divide the entire mixture into 2-3 bowls and add the food colours of your choice.
If you would like to prefer purchase finger paint instead, you may buy it online too. I would personally recommend you chose ones that are Washable Finger Paints. There are many varieties that are available on amazon. These do not stain the child’s hand or clothes and are skin-friendly too.
So if your child wants to finger paint, let them! You now know about so many benefits of finger painting already.
It is known that the benefits of finger painting in early childhood are manifolds, irrespective of their age. whether babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and even adults everyone enjoys dipping their fingers in colours and love this messy play! Have you tried finger painting with your child? If not, do try for once and see how the magic unfolds while they create their own masterpiece.
” THIS POST IS WRITTEN AS A PART OF BLOGCHATTERS A 2 Z CHALLENGE FOR THE LETTER F”.
YOU MAT READ ALL THE POSTS HERE.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE –
© GUNJAN GUPTA UPADHYAY. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR DUPLICATION OF THIS MATERIAL WITHOUT EXPRESS AND WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ANY EXCERPTS OR LINKS TO BE USED, PROVIDED FULL AND CLEAR CREDIT IS PROVIDED WITH PROPER LINKS TO GUNJAN GUPTA UPADHYAY OR TUGGUNMOMMY.COM. THIS IS TO BE DONE WITH THE RIGHT AND SPECIFIC DIRECTION TO THE ORIGINAL CONTENT.