Aloo Chaat is a popular street food in Delhi and around. The usual recipe demands shallow fried potato cubes which are tossed in a mix of spices and some lemon juice. While it is ready super quick and tastes super yummy, but it’s not healthy. Today I am sharing a healthier version Delhi Style Aloo Chaat-Dhaba Style with baked potatoes.
You may also switch to Sweet Potatoes for an even better healthier version with yummy taste
Check more Baked Recipes.
Ingredients for Aloo Chaat
- Aloo / Potatoes – 2
- Lemon Juice – 3 Tbsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 Tsp
- Dry Mint Leaves – 1 Tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 Tsp
- Kala Namak / Black Himalayan Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Fresh Corriander green leaves- 2 Tbsp Chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch (preferably Julienned)
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 3 Tsp
Take Julienned Ginger in a big bowl, add lemon juice, salt and keep it aside. We will use this later for garnishing.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel and cut potatoes in cubes and bake them for 5-6 minutes till half done.
- Brush them with a little oil and grill them for 2 minutes for a crispy texture.
- Take these potato cubes in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, roasted cumin powder, dry mint leaves, chaat masala, kala namak, red chilli powder, Chopped coriander green and mix very well without crushing the potatoes.
You can also add 1 tbsp of green coriander chutney for extra flavours. Reduce Salt quantity if add ing coriander Chutney
Garnish with Ginger and Serve!!