The Soul Slings Onbuhimo is primarily used as a back carrier; but can be worn as a front carry as well. This unique, and convenient, style of baby-carrier was originated in Japan and is made without a waist belt!
It is lightweight, breathable, and very portable can be easily folded and carried in into your bag for an easy day out. Go through my Previous post on complete details and my review of Soul Sling Onbuhimo
How to Use your Soul Sling Onbuhimo
The trick with any onbuhimo, or with any buckle carrier, is finding your sweet spot. Where to tighten, so it feels most comfortable. As there is no waist strap on this Soul Slings Onbuhimo, all the weight is on your shoulders, and the most common complaint is ‘sore shoulders’. However, this carrier is designed to be worn a lot higher than a carrier with a waistband, and having it too low seems to be the most common issue. And it’s easy to fix. Get it higher.
The easiest way to do this is to put your hand under your child’s bum, lift them up, then tighten the slack. For me, when I first started wearing it, I had it too low, and yes, after about 15 minutes or so my shoulders were sore and I wanted my full buckle. But I played around with the height and found that, for me, getting Tuggu’s shoulders higher than mine is the key.
Basic steps to wear an Onbuhimo
- Slide the chest clip to a position that is comfortable for you
- Lay your onbuhimo flat on a higher surface like a chair, stool, chair, sofa or bed
- Seat your child on the Onbuhimo
- pass each leg through the shoulder straps
- Make sure the leg out padding is below each knee
- Pull the panel up using the shoulder straps, your child’s arms should be out
- with your back to your child, insert your arms into the shoulder straps
- Buckle together the chest clip and tighten it
- Tighten the shoulder straps
- Make a seat by pulling the fabric up from between your child’s legs
- Make Sure it is spread smoothly from knee to knee
- Bouncing while adjusting will get your child into a high back carry
- And that’s it!! You are done and ready to go!!
A step-by-step guide to Soul Slings Onbuhimo (video)
watch this video to learn more on how to wear your baby in Soul slings Onbuhimo
So enjoy wearing your toddler. Still unsure which carrier would suit you well, you should learn about the right type, right fabric and right carrier which would suit you and your baby. You can also read my detailed comparison of full Buckle carrier. Also its super important to clean and maintain your carriers as they would last you for lng!
Do let me know in comments below if you have any questions, suggestion or feedback!!
Post Updated on 10/10/2019