Eggless baking is considered difficult by some, as we all love soft and fluffy cakes. But trust me eggless baking is easy and the cakes are soft too. There can be various ways to baking a cake- in a cooker or oven. I have even heard baking cakes in tandoor. Let’s take it up next time.
Here in this post lest focus on Eggless cake baking in an oven.
This recipe is an eggless cake baked in a convection oven. I forgot the clear recipe I learned online, so this recipe somehow was made for the first time in a fluke. Also, few of my ingredients were finished but I was so excited to bake an eggless cake that day that I continued with whatever I had.
Surprisingly, the first time luck worked and somehow I managed to bake an eggless cake which was healthy. I tried to replace few things with some healthy alternative and guess what.. it turned out pretty well. You won’t be surprised to know that it is my family’s current favourite 😊😊 and I have tried multiple versions of this Eggless Suji (Rawa) cake.
Suji/rava (thin) : 1 and 1/2 cup
Maida (all purpose flour ) : 1/2 cup
Sugar (powdered) : 1 cup ( add more if you like it a little more sweet)
Butter : 100 grams
Curd : 1/2 cup
Milk: 1 cup
Butterscotch essence ( you may use vanilla also)
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Dry fruits: Few chopped
Chico chips: Few (optional)
- In a big bowl, take suji/Rava and mix well with Maida/All purpose flour.
- Add curd and mix well so that there are no lumps
- keep Stirring and add milk, the consistency should be like dosa batter. Mix well and leave it for half an hour for suji to swell well.
- If you feel it has dried out, please add more milk.
- In another bowl – take butter and add powdered sugar. Whisk well till soft and creamy/fluffy. I have used brown sugar ( as it gave an amazing caramelized colour, also I had some of it remaining from my last baking stint). You may use castor sugar or ordinary sugar powder. Totally your choice.
- Once your suji mixture is ready, add it to the butter and sugar mix.
- Add butterscotch essence ( you may use vanilla or any other your family like. If your family prefers chocolate add a little cocoa powder)
- Add baking powder
- Add dry fruits and chocolate chips ( you may try tutti fruits or anything else you have or you may totally give it a skip)
- Fold lightly and pour in a greased baking dish
- Preheat the oven then bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes or till the cake leaves side and a skewer inserted in middle come out clean
- Cool and enjoy
Try the recipe and do let me know how it was.
Happy Baking 👍