HOMEMADE COOKIES || EGGLESS COOKIES || || HEALTHY COOKIES || ZEERA COOKIES || HOMEMADE EGGLESS COOKIES || EGGLESS HEALTHY COOKIES
With vacations approaching, one of the important demands in the family is yummy snacks. Though I make the usual Indian sweet and sour snacks too, the budding baker in me never gets satisfied. Until I bake some yummy cakes, cupcakes, brownies or even some Eggless healthy Zeera cookies.
Though I personally prefer wheat, Gram Flour or Ragi Flour for these Cookies. But they taste yummy if added in a combination. With gram flour, they taste like Nankhatai.
¼ Cup Butter, room temperature
¼ Cup Sugar
1 Cup Refined Flour
¼ tsp Salt
½ tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp Cumin Seeds, roasted
¼ Cup Milk
¼ Cup dry fruit powder (optional)
Flour, for dusting
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat till smooth and creamy.
- Now add flour, salt, baking powder, dry fruit powder, cumin seeds and mix well.
- Add milk drop by drop and knead the entire thing into a stiff dough.
- Dust some flour on the rolling pin or on any flat surface and roll the dough ¼ -inch thick.
- Cut with a desired cookie cutter and arrange the cookies on a butter paper lined tray. You may also grease any tray and use it directly if you dont have butter paper.
- Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven at 160*c for 20 mins or till they are golden and crisp.
- Remove then from the oven and keep them on a cooling rack.
- Store it in an air-tight container and Serve as a snack.
It is perfect on mid-meal hunger and is lived equally by my kid and myself. Do let the recipe and let me know.
Magic Tips and Possible Variations –
- I once added a handful of Suji too, it helps it get a slightly crispy crust at the top and the cookies stay fresh and crunchy for long.
- Also, you may add jaggery instead of Sugar, it adds a different flavour to it. And makes them a healthier choice for young kids.
- In another version, I added some Oats too along with choco-chips. Well, that took it to another level, will share the detailed recipe in next post.
So stay tuned!!