If you are a person who loves experimenting with food yet follow a strict healthy diet. Or if you are looking for healthy snacks for kids, you would love to try this Makhana Cutlets. Makhana or Fox nut as known in english is high in nutients and and super tasty. ‘Makhana Cutlet’, is low on calorie and fat yet has great taste. This also makes it a brilliant Snacking idea for health-conscious people. So today, I am shainrg a recipe, which is not only tasty to eat but can also be beneficial for your weight loss journey. Makhana Cutlets Quick Protein-rich Breakfast idea which is liked by all kids and adult alike.
Why Makhana cutlets makes a healthy breakfast idea?
It is considered healthy to eat small portions of food throughout the day to keep the metabolism active. Eating healthy every few hours is an important issue. Especially a healthy and filing breakfast, which is most important for health. But cooking most healthy meals are often time consuming so people often stop eating many of their favorite things for weight loss. whereas Makhana Cutlet is a super quick and easy protein-rich Indian Breakfast idea that is much enjoyed in northern India. It is not just healthy but weight loss-friendly too as makhana/fox nuts are storehouses of nutrients.
Makhana or Fox nuts are lotus flower seed that grows in water. These are largely found in India and are commonly known as ‘Makhanas or Phool-Makhana’. The health benefits of Fox nuts are many and hence it is enjoyed throughout the country. These nuts are enjoyed raw, roasted as well as used in Indian dishes like kheer, dahi- raita, or curries.
But they are also loved as they make for a great tea-time snack or a healthy snack during fasting seasons. This superfood is full of surprises and provides us with possibilities for experimentation.
Makhana Cutlets or patties are great for health-conscious people. This tasty breakfast recipe is very easy to make with simple ingredients available at home. This also makes great dieting meal ideas, especially during fasting periods.
Read more about the health benefits of eating Makhana or fox nut here:
Makhana Cutlet Recipe || Quick and easy Protein-rich Breakfast idea || Easy Makhana Cutlet Recipe || fasting or diet Indian Breakfast idea
Makhana Cutlets Recipe – a tasty Protein-rich Breakfast
- Makhana or fox nuts (1 cup)
- Medium Potatoes (4 boiled)
- Green chilies- (2 finely chopped)
- Groundnuts/ Peanuts (2 tbsp roasted)
- Fennel / Saunf (1 tsp)
- Fresh Green Coriander (finely chopped)
- Spices -Chaat Masala (1 tsp),
- Garam Masala Powder (1/2 tsp),
- Red chili powder (1/4 tsp)
- Black salt (2 tsp)
- Ghee for roasting Makhana (1-2 tbsp)
- Refined or olive oil for shallow frying the cutlets (1/2 cup)
Makhana cutlets: Quick and easy Recipe:
- Roast about 1 cup of fox nuts with a teaspoon of Ghee.
- Coarsely grind them and keep them aside to cool down.
- Take 3-4 medium potatoes, boil them and mash once cooled.
- Take a deep bowl and mix boiled potatoes with the coarsely ground makhanas.
- Add 1-2 finely chopped green chilies, fresh coriander leaves, and roasted and crushed peanuts.
- Add the spices as per your choice – Some Garam Masala Powder, Chaat Masala, and salt to taste.
- Mix everything well and roll to make round or oval patties.
- Sauté them lightly in a non-stick pan with some oil, until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or green pudina chutney or any other dip of your choice.
How to further make the recipe healthy with fewer calories
- Replace potatoes with sweet potatoes
- instead of tossing them in a pan with oil choose to air fry them or bake them in the oven.