Are you wondering what is ink wash? isn’t it a part of our preschooler messy play already? With water colors or markers you may easily try Ink Wash drawing ideas for kids at home. This would turn their love for messy art into some really colorful creations. This is a form or creative play with some water and a big brush building their fine motor skills. Let them rub, paint and scribble, most importantly have fun with colors and water!
Before we go ahead and learn some interesting Ink wash drawing ideas for kids including preschooler and toddlers. Let’s understand what is ink wash. This post also has some simple way to make it a fun way to learn a painting technique for kids. This would also make a fun summer evening outdoor play idea for kids. So, do try and let me know your thoughts.
What is Ink Wash?
Ink wash is a drawing technique that is somewhere between drawing and painting. Since the canvas is wet when it is painting, many consider ink wash as a painting technique. There are varieties of inks that can be used to create ink washes that make them look gorgeous. Though traditionally, an ink wash is Eastern in origin and it is always painted completed in black ink. But to make it an easier and more fun painting technique for kids, you may use regular watercolours or markers at home.
Initiate an Ink Wash drawing for kids
Ink wash is an easy technique and can be easily replicated at home with watercolours. Just like any other painting, there are some tips and tricks. So, to explore the ink wash drawing technique, you may like to read some theories behind it here. Also, to bring out a gorgeous ink wash drawing with kids, keep in mind to follow the below pointers,
- Ink wash is best applied in layers of various colours, starting with light to dark.
- Like other watercolour painting, lighter tones of colours can be created by thinning the ink with water. The more the water present, the lighter will be its hue.
- Since the ink wah drawing requires layering, allow time for the layers to dry completely before new layers are applied.
This could be tricky especially when practising these ink wash drawings ideas for kids. So, it’s better you have 2 sheets and work on alternate sheets.
Do try these Step by step procedure and try ink wash drawings with kids
- Take a liberal amount of water with a brush. Create a defined shape of water in the centre. Do not apply to the entire surface.
- Dip the brush in the watercolour of your choices by touching the water shape. The colour will flow forming interesting patterns and shapes.
- You may also use a straw or thread or any other everyday object dipped in colour and touch/blow in on the sheet.
- Let the artwork dry, before you experiment with the shape by adding more colour or water.
We are almost done making a masterpiece whenever we try this ink wash drawing idea within as little as ten minutes. Sometimes it gets too messy but who cares, we just want to have a good time. All this while we get to learn and experiment with a fun painting technique for kids too. Isn’t this Ink wash a simple way to enjoy a summer afternoon. You may also extend this as an outdoor play idea for kids this summer. So, do try and let me know your thoughts on this fun technique.
” THIS POST IS WRITTEN AS A PART OF BLOGCHATTERS A 2 Z CHALLENGE FOR THE LETTER I”.
YOU MAY READ ALL THE POSTS HERE.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE –
© GUNJAN GUPTA UPADHYAY. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR DUPLICATION OF THIS MATERIAL WITHOUT EXPRESS AND WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ANY EXCERPTS OR LINKS TO BE USED, PROVIDED FULL AND CLEAR CREDIT IS PROVIDED WITH PROPER LINKS TO GUNJAN GUPTA UPADHYAY OR TUGGUNMOMMY.COM. THIS IS TO BE DONE WITH THE RIGHT AND SPECIFIC DIRECTION TO THE ORIGINAL CONTENT.