While I do consider myself as a baby wearing mom, I still don’t consider myself as a baby carrier expert. Only because there are many baby Carrier available and I have not mastered them all. Though, I am wearing T for more than a year now and I still think my journey isn’t half way. Further, being associated with Soul and being a regular at their Facebook page watching so many moms and dads talking about their experiences and sharing their baby wearing journey, I feel there is a lot I need to learn and try.
Soul Slings baby carriers promises comfort, affordability, eco friendly and ethical manufacturing, and fair trade working conditions. Also when it comes to safety you do not need to worry because Soul carriers are tested for ASTM standards.
They make Ring slings, wraps, onbuhimo, AnoonA, Standard and toddler size full buckle carriers, baby shoes, Sun hats, various types of bags, baby bibs, drool pads, snuggly blankets, and doll carriers in absolutely stunning prints and fabrics which are super adorable.
That’s such a huge range, but here comes the query, which is the right carrier for me? Which one should I buy?
So while I did a lot of research about various forms of baby wearing and various carrier, let me share some major learnings here today in my third series of finding the Right carrier. You may like to wear the first and the second instalment of this marathon blog here.
So lets start learning more about these individually
- AnoonA: It means ‘one without flaws’ in Kannada) is recommended for children from birth to toddlerhood. This carrier offers 5 carry options – newborn, front, front facing out, hip and back carries. Its fully adjustable panel cinches at the shoulder, mid-panel and waistband to ensure perfect support to the child at all times. The foldable neck support at the top of the panel is ideal for newborns. Offering the option of crossed (‘X’) or straight (‘H’) shoulder straps, Anoona fits adults from petite to plus-sizes. Buckled shoulder straps also allow users to use this carrier for a hip carry. Little details like a small pocket on the waistband for your essentials and a removable hood ensure that both you and your baby can step out in comfort!
Weight recommendation : 3.2-20 kg approx. and Sizing : Panel base width is adjustable from 7” to 15”, Panel height is adjustable from 11” to 16”, Body panel width is adjustable from 6.5” to 14.5”
- Full Buckles- These are lightweight, breathable and very comfortable baby carriers, available in 100% natural fibres and ideal for all climates. These highly adjustable carriers fit users ranging from petite to ‘plus sizes’! Buckles make them quick and hassle-free. These are sturdy soft structured carriers (SSC) that have been designed to carry your baby in an ergonomic and natural position. They distribute the weight of the baby evenly on your own body, and can be worn in front and back carries. Read more on the comparison and fit of the two carriers – Standard and Toddler- here.
Weight recommendation: 7-18 kg approx. for Standard and 11-25 kgs for Toddler; Seat width : 15.5 inches for standard and 19 inches for toddler; Body panel height :17 inches for standard and 18.5 inches for toddler.
- Onbuhimo: Soul Onbuhimo is a Japanese-inspired waistless buckle carrier with Perfect Fit Adjusters (PFAs) at the top of the shoulder straps. It is recommended for children who have sufficient torso control to support their heads and sit up independently. With its generously sized and contoured body panel and extendable webbing, it will fit a wide variety of body types of both adults and babies. It folds up small and is a perfect carrier to pop into your bag for a day out, offering you the flexibility of quick ups as well as comfortably padded support for longer carriers.
Weight recommendation: 7-18 kg approx.; Seat width: 17.5 inches (45 cm); Body panel height: 18 inches (46 cm)
- Ring Sling- Soul ring slings are comfortable, fashionable and affordable baby carriers Their generous length and simple gathered shoulder ensure that one size fits all. In fact, one sling can be used to wear your baby from birth onwards till 15 kg or so! Simple to use, compact enough to fit in your handbag and easy to maintain, Soul slings are made from 100% natural fibres Despite their gentle good looks, they are also surprisingly strong, airy and supportive.
Weight recommended : up to 15 kg (33 lb); Width : 28 inches wide; Length- Size 1 : 63 inches (160 cm), Size 2 : 73 inches (185 cm), Size 3 : 83 inches (211 cm), Size 4 : 93 inches (236 cm)
- Wraps : Soul wraps are long, rectangular lengths of fabric that are wrapped around a baby and its caregiver. They promote skin-to-skin contact, help parents (and other close family members) bond with the baby and are perfect from birth to the toddler years. They provide you infinite carry possibilities and offer perfect support for your child as well as you. A gently loved wrap will last you more than one child. Despite their gentle good looks, they are also surprisingly strong and supportive. With good grip, minimal stretch and a slight bounce, these wraps will comfortably hold a bouncing toddler in a multi-layer carry too. Thin in hand, these are encouraging wraps for beginner wrappers. Experienced wrappers looking for a challenge will find that the differently coloured sides ensure very pretty finishes, with very small, discreet knots.
Weight recommendation: up to 25 kg (55 lb) approx.; GSM: 220 g/m2
Sizing: Size 3 – 134 inches (3.4 metres) long and 29 inches wide; Size 4 – 150 inches (3.8 metres) long and 29 inches wide; Size 5 – 169 inches (4.3 metres) long and 29 inches wide; Size 6 – 187 inches (4.75 metres) long and 29 inches wide; Size 7 – 216 inches (5.5 metres) long and 29 inches wide; Size 8 – 236 inches (6 metres) long and 29 inches wide; Size 9 – 249 inches (6.3 metres) long and 29 inches wide; Size 10 – 265 inches (6.7 metres) long and 29 inches wide; Size 11 – 284 inches (7.2 metres) long and 29 inches wide; Size 12 – 300 inches (7.6 metres) long and 29 inches wide; Size 13 – 316 inches (8 metres) long and 29 inches wide; Size 14 – 335 inches (8.5 metres) long and 29 inches wide
I am sure there would be a lot of clarity on all the Baby carriers available and you would be able to make a right choice!
Do check my other posts on selecting the right type and fabric of baby carrier. Also if you may want to read a detailed review on my full buckle toddler carrier and read different type of Full buckle carriers here. Also note its super easy to clean and maintain your soul carriers. So what are you waiting for, start your baby wearing journey today.
Do let me know in comments below, if you have any queries, would be glad to help you out with my best abilities.
Till then, take care,