Clay and Mirror Work, also known as Lippan Kaam is a traditional mural craft form of Kutch, Gujarat, India. Lippan art is done using materials locally available like a mixture of clay and camel dung that keeps the interiors of the houses cool. Though the work was earlier limited mainly to the interior walls, it can be found on the outer walls as well. Nowadays, it is quite appreciated in urban home decors too. So let’s try making Lippan art or Clay and Mirror art of Gujarat to make an interesting home decor piece.
- We would need an MDF board as the base.
- Some shilpkar clay which is a different version of m-seal, it more white and nonsticky.
- Decorated Glass pieces, these are easily available in art and craft store. You may also recycle ones from old craft boxes or broken mirror pieces.
- Some acrylic paint, to paint our easy Lippan art.
- Also, we need some paintbrushes and cutting tools like ice cream sticks, toothpicks etc.
Steps to make a Lippan Art
- Draw a pattern on the cardboard. You may take inspiration from thousands of ideas available on Pinterest or google
- Take the clay and develop on the picture, you may roll it, press it, tear it or pinch it. Basically, anything that you want to do to make your artwork look great.
- once it is dried, paint it as you like.
Lippan Art kits for beginners
Do you feel short of ideas or wondering How to create a Lippan art at home, check these art and craft kit available online too. One such kit is from a Hobby craft which we love. Also, If you are a beginner, do read this post for step by step process.
* This post contained affiliate links, please read for complete disclosure policy for details.
There is a various possible way to explore and create this Lippan art painting for kids. Hope this post has motivated you enough to make your own version of kalamkari art project ideas with your child today! Follow #TnM_Activites for many such ideas on Instagram @tuggu.n.mommy and Facebook @tuggunmommy
” THIS POST IS WRITTEN AS A PART OF BLOGCHATTERS A 2 Z CHALLENGE FOR THE LETTER L”.
YOU MAY READ ALL THE POSTS HERE.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE –
© GUNJAN GUPTA UPADHYAY. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR DUPLICATION OF THIS MATERIAL WITHOUT EXPRESS AND WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ANY EXCERPTS OR LINKS TO BE USED, PROVIDED FULL AND CLEAR CREDIT IS PROVIDED WITH PROPER LINKS TO GUNJAN GUPTA UPADHYAY OR TUGGUNMOMMY.COM. THIS IS TO BE DONE WITH THE RIGHT AND SPECIFIC DIRECTION TO THE ORIGINAL CONTENT.