Extracurricular activities are one of the main factors that contribute to a child’s personal growth. So naturally, many parents encourage their kids to participate in many activities like sports, drama, art, etc. from a very young age. One of the most popular extracurricular activities kids can take up is swimming. Spending time in swimming pools has been scientifically proven to benefit kids in many different ways. If you would know How Swimming Benefits Kids. You would definitely make it an important activity for your child to take up.
Why sign up the kids for a swimming class?
Here are some of the main reasons you should sign up your child to the nearest swimming class:
- Increases Lung Capacity: Breath control is one of the main aspects a swimmer needs to master to stay in swimming pools for a long time successfully. It’s one of the earliest lessons in a swimming class and teaches your lungs to pump out more oxygen and your body to utilise it better to increase energy levels.
- Builds Muscle: Swimming requires the participation of several muscle groups in your body to pull, push, kick and glide through the water. Muscle strength is an important aspect that helps them swim right. Hence, regular classes will build and strengthen their overall muscles.
- Essential Life Skill: Learning water safety from a young age is a crucial life skill. As drowning is one of the most common causes of death or severe injury in children. Swimming teaches them how to stay afloat even in deep, running waters. And how to stabilise their breath instead of panicking and calmly bringing themselves back to where it’s safe.\
- Increases Endurance: When you’re swimming, there is no time to rest, so high levels of endurance is needed to keep it moving. Swimming increases lung capacity and helps the body sustain oxygen for extended amounts of time. It increases stamina and endurance.
Swimming is not just a sport, it’s a life skill
5. Heightens Energy Levels: Swimming keeps one constantly active and their body engaged in physically strenuous activity. It makes their heart pump out oxygenated blood faster, increasing their heart rate. This increase in heart rate helps in increasing energy levels. swimming keeps the heart rate up even when they’re done swimming. This provides energy for a more extended period.
6. Great Stress Buster: Since swimming involves rhythmic and coordinated body movements as well as breath control, it encourages your nervous system to increase the production of happy chemicals and dopamine and serotonin. As a result, swimming proves to be very helpful in decreasing stress and also anxiety levels.
You might also like: Simple Tips to improve focus and concentration in kids
These are the least of swimming benefits for your kid; many more include better digestion, better metabolism, heightened flexibility and more. The various benefits your kid can get from spending time in swimming pools are beneficial. In the short and long run. In addition, it will help them keep any health conditions at bay in the future. Take a look at the various features of a cult.fit’s swimming pools offer and sign up for lessons closest to your location to ensure your child lives an enriching and robust life.