Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, the former President of India (25 July 2002 to 25 July 2007), was popularly known as the “Missile Man’ of India for his extensive work in India’s missile projects, Prithvi and Agni missiles. He is a true source of inspiration for thousands and thousands of Indians. His vision, life philosophy, and teachings were leagues apart, far ahead of his generations. And no doubt he is still admired by all generations old and young alike. Today, he is not there, but there are many inspiring Books by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam that continue to motivate young minds to achieve their dreams.
Dr. Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen (APJ) Abdul Kalam was born on October 15, 1931, in Rameswaram, a small but famous pilgrimage town in Tamil Nadu. He had a legendary personality and will be always remembered for his love and passion for science and technology. His contributions and innovations have not only enabled scientists, and educationists, across the globe but have instilled courage in each and every Indian citizen to dream and achieve extraordinary things in life despite adverse conditions, through his inspiring books.
Inspiring Books by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
I recently read a few books by Dr. Kalam and can’t stop appreciating the humble child who rose to become one of the world’s most accomplished leaders. He also inspired many young minds with his books wherein he talked in length about his childhood struggles, school-college life, and how he achieved remarkable success. Through the inspiring books by Dr. APJ Adbul Kalam, the youth connected with him more as he had immense wisdom to impart.
Some of the popular and inspiring Books by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam (screenshot from Google)
These Inspiring Books by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam motivates young minds to dream, achieve extraordinary things in life despite adverse conditions. Check all his 30+ books in different langugae on Goodreads.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam has left us with some really great books. They are simple and much relatable to students and young adults. His autobiography “Wings of Fire’ is a tribute to the ordinary people of India, who are the torch-bearers of the country guiding it on the path of peace and humanity.
In his own words, “We are all born with a divine fire in us. Our efforts should be to give wings to this fire and fill the world with the glow of its goodness.” Just like this, he has left us with many inspiring quotes on life, dreams, success, failure, and motivation. Sharing a few I have collated from some of his books.
You may also like to Read: Kids Books on Space theme (agewise)
Few Inspiring quotes from Books by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
1. “Your best teacher is your last mistake.”
2. “If you want to shine like a sun, First burn like the sun.”
3. “It is very Easy To Defeat Someone, But it is Very Hard To Win Someone.”
4. “We have no ability to be equal to all have opportunities equal to their ability lane.”
5. “All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.”
6. “You cannot change your future, but, you can change your habits, and surely your habits will change your future.”
7. “If you fail, never give up because FAIL means “First Attempt In Learning.”
8. “Be active! Take on responsibility! Work for the things you believe in. If you do not, you are surrendering your fate to others.”
9. “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”
10. “Failure will never overtake me if my definition of succeed is strong enough.”
11. If you fail, never give up because F.A.I.L. means “First Attempt In Learning”. The end is not the end, if fact E.N.D. means “Effort Never Dies.” If you get No as an answer, remember N.O. means “Next Opportunity”, So let’s be positive.”
12. “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in the second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
13. “I’m not a handsome guy, but I can give my hand to someone who needs help. Beauty is in the heart, not in the face.”
14. “Don’t read success stories, you will only get messages. Read failure stories, you will get some ideas to get success.”
15. “Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to those who dream and work.”
16. “All Birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above clouds.”
17. “No matter what is the environment around you, it is always possible to maintain a brand of integrity.”
18.”Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.”
19. “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy success.”
20. “One best book is equal to a hundred good friends, but one good friend is equal to a library.”
21. “Unless India stands up to the world, no one will respect us. In this world, fear has no place. Only strength respects strength.”
You may also like to Read: Motivational quotes for women
These teachings are taken from the wonderful and inspiring books by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. These books just keep us going, it is their stories that inspire us to do better every day and move closer to our goals and dreams. Have you read any of them?