The #SuperFoodforHealthyYou today is a fruit we relish every summer, Mangoes. Last Week, during blogchatter’s #microblog on summer memories, the first thing that came in my mind was Mangoes. And I went back to my childhood days, relishing on juicy mangoes while enjoying the gupshup with friends, family and cousins. It just made me ponder how our Summers are actually incomplete without mangoes. Not that we need an excuse to eat a juicy sweet mango, but here’s a good one. The delicious, juicy and sweet mango has some anti-inflammatory benefits that help improve metabolism. On realizing the numerous health benefits of eating mangoes in summers, I am sure your love for this fruit even more.
Mangoes not only taste good but has many health benefits too. Keep reading to know more health benefits of eating mangoes in summers and why you should never miss them in season.
Health benefits of eating Mangoes
- Mangoes contain antioxidants, which protect our body against cancers– colon cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer and leukaemia.
- Mango fruit also contains high levels of vitamin C, fibre and pectin. This makes it a perfect fruit helping to control the high cholesterol level.
- Mango leaves are known to regulate diabetes. So, people suffering from diabetes may add a few mango leaves in their diet. Boil 5-6 mango leaves in enough water, let it soak it overnight. Filter this decoction and drink it early in the morning.
- Mangoes are loaded with vitamin A, which makes it a perfect fruit for improving eyesight. It also helps in preventing night blindness and dry eyes (which is common during summers).
- The enzymes present in mangoes helps in breaking down the protein content in our body. Also, the fibre content aids in good digestion and prevents stomach related diseases.
- There are another health benefits of eating mangoes in summers, it helps in preventing heat strokes. Eating mango refreshes and cools you down instantly. So do add this superfood in your diet this summer and stay cool.
- Mangoes also have vitamin C content along with Vitamin A, which is essential and beneficial for our immune system. So eating a mango ensures we are keeping our immune system strong and healthy.
Some healthy Mango recipes to help you cool down this summers
Mango almond smoothie (Vegan)
- Make almond milk with 20-24 Almonds and 100 ml water. For making almond milk, soak Almonds overnight and blend them with a little water to make a thick smooth paste.
- I generally add 3:4 amount of water. You may add any proportion you find appropriate, for consistency of almond milk. Add pureed mango pulp and blend well.
- Serve with few finely chopped mango pieces and almonds. You may add sabza or flax seeds too, it’s totally optional.
Almond milk is cooler and making smoothies with mangoes add more to its health benefits in summers. You may use normal cow’s milk too in case you don’t have almond milk or try with Coconut milk too. Totally your choice.
Who doesn’t like ice-creams or those creamy kulfis? They just taste even better with your favourite fruit. Just add the mango pulp in your favourite recipe and enjoy
This is my entry for the letter, ‘M’ Blogchatter #a2zChallenge. Stay tuned while I share some interesting #SuperFoodforHealthyYou each day in this month. Do visit here tomorrow for next Superfood with the letter ‘N’.
Thank you for reading!
Do share in your comments if you like the post or have an interesting fact, memories or recipes to share about this highly nutritious fruit, and we never mind waiting for summers to relish juicy Mangoes